Written on Modified on
Moxa Launches Industrial Intrusion Prevention Systems on Its All-in-one Secure Routers to Protect Critical Infrastructure
Moxa is excited to launch industrial intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) on its alongside the MXsecurity industrial security management software, expanding its product portfolio with advanced cybersecurity and purpose-built management solutions. The EDR-G9010 Series is an all-in-one secure router with firewall/NAT/VPN/switch functionality.
The addition of IDS/IPS turns the EDR-G9010 Series into an industrial next-generation firewall, equipped with threat detection and prevention capabilities to further protect critical infrastructure from cybersecurity attacks. Meanwhile, MXsecurity is a tailor-made security management suite that provides real-time visibility of cyberthreats and allows users to centrally manage EDR-G9010 Series secure routers in the field.
Since their launch in 2021, the EDR-G9010 Series secure routers have helped built a robust, first-line network defense for industrial automation and control systems (IACS) in multiple industrial sectors such as energy and intelligent transportation systems. However, recent cybersecurity incidents have shown that industrial organizations are still struggling to fully mitigate risks due to difficulties upgrading and safeguarding their facility’s industrial network. Therefore, organizations are looking for purpose-built cybersecurity solutions for industrial environments that are designed with industrial engineers in mind. The EDR-G9010 Series all-in-one secure routers and MXsecurity industrial security management suite provide the answer.
“Committed to building secure networks and protecting our customers’ industrial operations, Moxa unites networking and industrial cybersecurity to create defense-in-depth protection. To achieve this, we leverage the EDR-G9010 Series’ robust perimeter protection and its advanced IPS threat intelligence powered by Moxa’s tailor-made OT deep packet inspection platform.” says Kevin Huang, Product Manager at Moxa Networking. “Although, we noticed that, while our customers understand the importance of cybersecurity, they often encounter challenges when deploying and operating cybersecurity measures in the field. We believe MXsecurity can help our customers streamline network security management by visualizing cybersecurity threats in real-time while simultaneously reduce operating costs.”
These solutions are built for reliability and end-to-end connectivity to create durable, high-performance industrial networks. With support for virtual patching, the EDR-G9010 Series also helps protect legacy systems from vulnerabilities, giving industrial engineers more time and flexibility to keep industrial operations up and running. Moxa's solutions enhance visibility with centralized management, mass deployment, and real-time monitoring to help users create a secure and efficient industrial networking environment.
EDR-G9010 Series Industrial Secure Routers
• Industrial intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS/IDS) to further protect critical industrial infrastructure
• All-in-one firewall/NAT/VPN/router/switch to increase network deployment flexibility and enable secure remote access
• 8 copper GbE and 2 SFP GbE ports for high-bandwidth, long-distance communications
• Supports VRRP and Turbo Ring for routing and switching redundancy to optimize availability
• Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for Modbus TCP/UDP, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-104, and IEC 61850 MMS traffic filtering
MXsecurity Industrial Security Management Suite
• Centralized management and monitoring of EDR-G9010 Series devices for better administration and maintenance
• Unified mass deployment of firewall policies, firmware upgrades, and signature updates
• Complete visibility showing real-time network activity and instant threat alerts
• Automatically collects security logs and sends notifications
For more information about the EDR-G9010 Series, visit the product page or the microsite.