TDK launches MEMS SmartMotion tracking solutions with dedicated bundled software for smart TV, robotics, AR/VR, wearables, and IoT
TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) announces the availability of the InvenSense ICM-40627 and ICM-42688-V high performance MEMS motion tracking solutions (6-axis IMU + dedicated software library). As a leader in consumer IoT, TDK continues to provide a complete suite of SmartMotion sensor solutions for a broad range of consumer and IoT applications. In addition, a comprehensive development platform, the DK-42607 and DK-42688-V, along with necessary software is available to enable quick-to-market development of customer systems.
- ICM-40627 6-axis IMU with Air Motion Library is a highly precise, ultra-low-power solution dedicated to motion-control applications
- ICM 42688-V 6-axis IMU with Advanced Sensor Fusion Library is the highest performance and lowest noise consumer IMU available
ICM-40627 is a high precision ultra-low power 6-axis MEMS MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer in a 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm package. This IMU is dedicated to applications that require accurate pointing and motion control such as smart TV remotes, air mouse, presentation pointers and smart sketching. The ICM-40627 comes bundled with TDK’s rich legacy of Air Motion Library that enables precise mouse pointing, swipe, roll and other motion gestures.
ICM-42688-V is a premium high performance 6-axis MEMS MotionTracking device that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer in a 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.9mm package, dedicated to obtaining high orientation accuracy for AR/VR, robotics, wearables, and other high performance IoT applications. This device is bundled with an Advanced Sensor Fusion library that provides highly accurate sensor fusion output (< 1 degree of error) along with predictive quaternions. Compared to traditional consumer-grade IMUs, the ICM-42688-V based solution provides a 10x enhancement in orientation accuracy for IoT applications that require high degrees of performance. The ICM-42688-V also includes two key innovations not available in any other consumer-grade IMU: a 100% accurate clock that eliminates timing errors and a high-resolution analog-to-digital converter. The converter enables an 8x increase in gyroscope resolution and a 4x increase in accelerometer resolution.
“Time to market is very critical in the world of IoT and TDK continues to deliver complete sensor solutions comprised of high-performance MEMS motion sensors bundled with IoT-specific application libraries,” said Sahil Choudhary, Product Head, Motion Sensors for IoT applications at InvenSense, a TDK Group company. “The ICM-40627 solution enables smart and intuitive motion control for any motion pointing application and the ICM-42688-V provides premium fusion performance for any accurate orientation-based application.”
- 6-axis IMU with Air Motion Library that provides accurate pointing, swipe, roll and motion gestures
- Highly precise, ultra-low-power solution dedicated to motion-control applications
- 6-axis IMU with Advanced Sensor Fusion Library that provides the highest orientation accuracy (<1 degree)
- Highest performance and lowest noise consumer IMU available (40% lower noise)
DK-40627 and DK-42688-V:
- Single board “out of the box” experience
- Comprehensive software tools to expedite evaluation and development
- MotionLink and embedded motion driver (eMD)
- Dedicated library support: Air-Motion Library and Advanced Sensor Fusion library