TDK Corporation (TSE 6762) has expanded its Micronas embedded motor controller portfolio to address higher temperature applications. The HVC 4222F and HVC 4422F were developed for operating smart actuators in applications with ambient temperature requirements up to 150 °C. HVC 4222F offers 32k flash memory while the HVC 4422F comes with 64k flash for more complex software implementations. These high temperature devices target applications in combustion vehicle drive trains, and emerging thermal management systems in electric and hybrid vehicles.*
- HVC 4222F and HVC 4422F are Arm® M3 based motor drivers with 32k and 64k flash memory
- Fully specified and tested up to 160 °C junction temperature
- Target applications include automotive drive-train and thermal management systems*
Samples are available; mass production will start in Q2 of 2021.
The new high temperature devices are part of the automotive-grade, motor controller family for LIN bus connected actuators. The HVC 4xxxF family integrates an Arm® standard microprocessor with six independent 500 mA half-bridge drivers and a wide range of additional functions to enable compact and cost-efficient motor-control applications. They are capable of driving small stepper, brushed (BDC) and brushless (BLDC) motors in applications with power requirements up to 1A peak current.
With its high processing power, the HVC family allows implementation of complex motor control algorithms such as Space Vector Modulation (SVM) for permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM), sensor-less commutation with back electro-magnetic force (BEMF), as well as various stepper algorithms with current limiting and stall detection. Eleven general-purpose input output pins (GPIO) enable integration of our large portfolio of hall switches or 2D/3D sensors for more precision motor control.
- Radiator grille shutter
- Smart valves and pumps
- LIN bus connected actuators
Main features and benefits**
- Supply voltage range from 8 V to 18 V (transient from 4.5 to 40 V)
- 6 x 500 mA (max) half-bridge drivers
- 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M3 CPU core
- 20 MHz system oscillator, 35 kHz watchdog oscillator
- 32k or 64k flash memory versions with 2k or 4k SRAM
- 12-bit, 1 µs ADC for internal and external measurements
- 2x 8-bit current DAC for motor current limiting from 2 mA to 500 mA
- 12-bit PWM generators with center- and edge alignment and ADC triggering
- 16-bit timers for input and output PWM signal handling
- 11 GPIOs for application interfacing
- LIN transceiver for auto-addressing using the bus shunt method
- Small thermally efficient QFN40 package